1 x B-BBEE
Achieve YES Target
Absorb 2,5% of your YES youth
1 x B-BBEE level up
+ 3 points
Achieve 1.5 times YES Target
Absorb 5% of your YES youth
2 x B-BBEE
Double YES Target
Absorb 5% of your YES youth
CHECK THAT YOU QUALIFY FOR
THE Y.E.S INITIATIVE
40% sub-minimum in 3 priority elements
50% average across the 3 priority elements
Public/Specialised entities no subminimum
40% in two of the 3 priority elements, with Ownership (Net Value) being one of the two elements
40% average across 2 priority
elements with ownership being one
EMEs with an annual Total Revenue below R10 Million per annum, have no sub-minimum eligibility requirements.
No subminimum eligibility requirements
YES Measured Entities need to maintain the previous B-BBEE status level obtained before participating under the YES initiative – The B-BBEE status level that needs to be maintained or improved upon is the B-BBEE status level obtained in the first year of participating under the YES initiative before YES B-BBEE
Priority Elements = Ownership, Skills Development and Enterprise and Supplier Development (ESD).
Where there is no Black Ownership, the Average calculation of sub-minimums will be applicable and if the Measured Entity meets the minimum number of points under Skills Development (or Enterprise & Supplier Development in totality, they will be able to participate under the Y.E.S Initiative. Ownership (Net Value) is Mandatory to form a part of the Calculation.
For example, even if you have 0 Black Ownership, you will put 0 into the calculator, along with the figures related to Skills Development and Enterprise and Supplier Development (ESD). In many cases, businesses with 0 Black Ownership have still qualified for the YES benefit. Company A, in the below example, received a level up on their B-BBEE scorecard through YES.
Like company A, if you have 0 Black Ownership you can make up points in your Skills Development and ESD, and level up if you meet the subminimum of 50% across all three priority elements (including the 0 Black Ownership).
YES Measured Entities must ensure that they maintain or improve the BBBEE Status Level and performance against the Targets under the overall Scorecard obtained in the prior year before participating in the Y.E.S initiative.
Interested in the B-BBEE benefit?
Calculate your YES target here:
YES Calculation Results
Based on your information supplied, ACME (Pty) Ltd will need to create 1000 employment opportunties.
Below are the B-BBEE benefits your company can gain by committing to the above target.
Create Job(s) and
Create Jobs and
Create Jobs and
As per the draft Gazette an absorbtion of 2.5% for the first target and 5% for the second and third target is required, please review our response to the Gazette below for more information
Change a life in five simple steps
- Please ensure YES has filled your vendor form in if required.
- Click the register here’ link on the ‘for business page’
- The YES system will invoice your entity upon registration.
- YES, banking details can be found on the website.
- Registration fees range depending or your entity’s turnover
- A matched payment from your entity will open the YES youth placement menu & options. It will also generate an official membership certificate.
- A strategic youth placement plan to build your brand & sustainability of the YES investment is advised. This ensures best bang for buck results from YES!
- Youth headcount can be placed in any combination:
- Inside your firm,
- On your payroll,
- Outside your firm,
- On other payrolls,
- In supply chain entity payroll or in other businesses.
- Recruit & Interview, with YES assistance if required. We have an excellent behavioural & psychometric tool to help ensure the right young one is in the right position ensuring better results for all!
- Remember to upload youth relevant details onto the YES upload site + start date. YES, will get the job starter pack for your newbies out in time for day one!
- Submit youth & supervisor data from survey apps on the phone. Youth will get push notifications to fill out progress and learning surveys every few weeks.
- For supervisor, at 3 months intervals.
- This data is used to build the quality CV and reference letter.
B-BBEE verification data:
- Ensure the collection and storage of relevant records required for financial year end by B-BBEE verification agencies.
- This includes: the YES, registration certificate, IDs of placed youth, payslips and 12 months contracts.